[Avocado-devel] Getting started with avocado-vt

Olav Philipp Henschel olavph at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Wed Sep 16 14:56:57 UTC 2015

Thank you for answering,

I am trying to list only the default vt tests, contained on those three
test providers. My test-providers.d directory looks exactly as yours.
When I run "scripts/avocado vt-bootstrap --vt-type qemu" it is
downloading the tests. I can check that by looking at the downloads
directory created by avocado:

# ll ~/avocado/data/avocado-vt/test-providers.d/downloads/
total 12
drwxrwxr-x. 8 olavph olavph 4096 Set 15 15:44 io-github-autotest-libvirt
drwxrwxr-x. 8 olavph olavph 4096 Set 15 15:45 io-github-autotest-qemu
drwxrwxr-x. 4 olavph olavph 4096 Set 15 15:45 io-github-spiceqa-spice

For example,
"~/avocado/data/avocado-vt/test-providers.d/downloads/io-github-autotest-qemu/generic/tests/"
contains the tests .py files.
I thought that was enough for the tests to show up when running the
command "scripts/avocado list --verbose" or "scripts/avocado list
--verbose --vt-type qemu."

Regards,

Olav Philipp Henschel
Linux Technology Center, IBM Brazil