[Avocado-devel] Dependencies in avocado-vt cartesian configuration

Alan Evangelista alanoe at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Thu Apr 28 01:29:03 UTC 2016

Hi. I have not found a users mailing list, so I'll assume this devel mailing list
is for both users and developers. If I am wrong and there is a users mailing list,
pls point me to it.

I have not understood what is the purpose of the dependencies feature in
cartesian configuration, documented in
http://avocado-vt.readthedocs.io/en/latest/CartesianConfig.html.
My understanding when reading doc is that its purpose is to order variant
sets combinations order, however I have tried running the dependencies
cartesian config example with and without dependencies by the cartesian
config parser available in the avocado-vt git repository  and the output is
identical. (dict 1: one, dict 2: two, dict 3: three).

Could someone explain better the purpose of this feature and present some
examples?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Alan Evangelista