[Avocado-devel] avocado-vt not working right now

Lukáš Doktor ldoktor at redhat.com
Tue Jan 5 16:40:35 UTC 2016

Dne 5.1.2016 v 16:09 Swapna Krishnan napsal(a):
> Hi Lukas,
>
> After coming back from vacation, I tried to run my tests with avocado-vt and had issues with setup.
>
> [root@ ___]# avocado vt-bootstrap --vt-type qemu
> Failed to load plugin from module "avocado.plugins.html": ImportError('No module named html',)
> Failed to load plugin from module "avocado_vt.plugins.vt_list": EnvironmentError("Bootstrap missing. Execute 'avocado vt-bootstrap' or disable this plugin to get rid of this message",)
> Failed to load plugin from module "avocado_vt.plugins.vt": EnvironmentError("Bootstrap missing. Execute 'avocado vt-bootstrap' or disable this plugin to get rid of this message",)
>
> [root at dell-pe-fm120-1c ~]# rpm -qa | grep avocado
> avocado-plugins-vt-0.31.0-0.el7.centos.noarch
> avocado-0.31.0-0.el7.centos.noarch
> [root at dell-pe-fm120-1c ~]#
>

> Has something changed recently?
>
> Thanks,
> - Swapna

Hello Swapna,

yes, it changed a lot. This issue is due to old stevedore module shipped
by epel. Fix was already merged:

https://github.com/avocado-framework/avocado/pull/930

but not yet included in RPM. Next RPMs should be built next week. Until
then please use one of the workarounds:

A) use pip to update stevedore
   1. install avocado and python-pip
   2. run pip install stevedore --upgrade
B) build your own rpm
   1. clone the repository (shallow clone should do)
   2. make rpm
   3. install the built rpm
C) use the latest master from git
   1. clone the repository (shallow clone should do)
   2. make requirements
   3. make install
D) use older avocado version

I'm sorry about this issue, it was not detected on Fedora 23 as it
contains newer stevedore.

Kind regards,
Lukáš