[Avocado-devel] avocado doesn't see plugins

Andrei Stepanov astepano at redhat.com
Wed Jan 6 17:03:44 UTC 2016

Thanks, it helps.

Above step definitely breaks system integrity. This is a bit unclear. Why
do we install development version into system? Do we have some
documentation that brings more light on this? Or some policy? Or.... I
understand that Avocado is under active development, but, Is there some
advice for Avocado users? What version should we use and develop for?

Spice-qe team uses Avocado from git, mainly because there is no RPMs for
all OS versions/architectures/releases/betas/alphas/etc that we are
interested in.

Could you give more information about setup.py step? Do I right understand,
that you force us to install avocado into system? Before it NewYear it was
possible to use Avocado directly from git repo (make links, all this
configs), but not now. Did I miss something?

Sorry, if I wrote something wrong.