[Avocado-devel] Avocado 0.31.0 multi user problems

Olav Philipp Henschel olavph at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Thu Jan 7 18:43:27 UTC 2016

Hi,

I've updated avocado to version 0.31.0 and got it to work using "python
setup.py develop". Everything worked fine until I tried to run it from
another user (with another local git clone).
I've ran "python setup.py develop" from that user too to try to
overwrite whatever configurations were made. It keeps using the files
from the first user avocado-vt plugin folder however, getting its tests
provider and custom .cfgs.
At some point I've ran "python setup.py install", so I'm not sure which
command made this mess.
I've also tried using "python setup.py install" and "python setup.py
develop --user" from the second user.

Is there any way I can make a clean install? Which folders does the
setup.py write to?

Regards,
Olav P. Henschel