[Avocado-devel] Port autotest client tests to avocado: next steps?

Amador Pahim apahim at redhat.com
Thu Jan 21 12:37:28 UTC 2016

> Giving this more thoughts, I don't  think we should create a new
> structure for those tests. The code for them is quite straight-forward
> given the amazing structure avocado provides right now :)
> We should just port them, taking advantage of what we already have in
> avocado. A download util is welcome (if generic enough to be used
> anywhere) as well as the naming convention to describe the resource
> files.
>
> My proposal right now is:
> - Create a separate repo 'avocado-tests' or something.
> - Create a low hanging fruit card with a checklist containing the
> tests that should be ported.
> - Create a low prio card to the resource fetcher util.

So, we have a new repository[1] to host any real tests. The tests ported
from autotest will sit there. And we have a trello card[2] tracking the
autotest-client-tests that should be ported to avocado. Contributors are
welcome.

For the resource downloader/manager, there's a separate card[3] which is
in the current sprint backlog.

[1] - https://github.com/avocado-framework/avocado-misc-tests
[2] -
https://trello.com/c/Cn8tkzIg/561-port-autotest-client-tests-to-avocado