[Avocado-devel] How to change filter (Only i440fx)

Lukáš Doktor ldoktor at redhat.com
Fri Jun 3 08:30:47 UTC 2016

Dne 24.5.2016 v 12:46 Wei WA Li napsal(a):
> Hi all,
>
> Could you give me a basic sample test cfg file to run qume VT? or How to
> specify the platform as s390x and image as Ubuntu?
> I added some debug message on the avocado, and try to modify the env and
> cfg information.
>
> Some background info on this issue
> https://github.com/avocado-framework/avocado-vt/issues/527
>

> [root at zs95kv2 avocado]# ./scripts/avocado run
> type_specific.io-github-autotest-qemu.boot_time
> machines_cfg_path
> /usr/share/avocado/data/avocado-vt/backends/qemu/cfg/machines.cfg
> /usr/share/avocado/data/avocado-vt/backends/qemu/cfg/guest-os.cfg
> cartesian_parser
> Tests produced by config file
> /usr/share/avocado/data/avocado-vt/backends/qemu/cfg/guest-os.cfg
>
> The full test list was modified by the following:
>
> Filters applied:
> only i440fx --> Want to change to s390x
--vt-machine_type s390x (but first you need to define s390x in
`shared/cfg/machines.cfg` and re-run vt-bootstrap)

> only JeOS.23 --> Want to change to Ubuntu
--vt-guest-os Ubuntu (but first you need to define s390x variant of
`Ubuntu` in `shared/cfg/guest-os/...`

> Different guest OS have different test lists
For testing purposes you can also ignore the setting, go with defaults
and force only the needed params to the values you need:

     avocado run boot --vt-extra-params machine_type=s390-virtio smp=1
usbs= vga=none ...

which would say in the UI that you are running JeOS on whatever system,
but in reality it'd override the arguments directly inside test. You
still need to add some related configs, but you might test some setting
ad-hock this way.

Happy hacking,
best regards,
Lukáš