[Avocado-devel] VM migration test cannot finish.

Lukáš Doktor ldoktor at redhat.com
Wed Jun 8 11:13:56 UTC 2016

Dne 7.6.2016 v 13:51 Andrei Stepanov napsal(a):
> Hello.
>
> I am not sure that this is a correct mail listing. Question is more
> about avocado-vt.
>
> Has anybody tried to run local-migration tests?
>
> In my case vm.migrate() is successful, but avocado stays running it
> doesn't finish a test as run() exits.
>
> Any ideas?

Hello Andrei,

I run migration tests regularly without any major issues. I got some
weird responses from time to time (pickle), but only on my devel
machine. In CI it works well (but I only run some of the migration
tests). Anyway this seems to be related to
https://trello.com/c/t8JZUQqt/681-avocado-vt-virtio-console-test-hangs-for-ever-on-failure
we had no time to explore it further. Recently I added
https://github.com/avocado-framework/avocado/pull/1246 which might
prevent some issues, but it's not fixing the main problem. Anyway could
you please provide some details:

Description of problem:

Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):

How reproducible:

Steps to Reproduce:
1.
2.
3.

Actual results:

Expected results:

Additional info:

Ideally if you have 100% reproducer, that would be great.

Kind regards,
Lukáš