[Avocado-devel] issues about install avocado-vt

Zhu Yijun zhuyijun at huawei.com
Thu Mar 3 04:49:27 UTC 2016

Hi all,

	I am trying to setup the avocado and avocado-vt tools.

      	I have to install them by git repository because some special results. Until now I have installed avocado guided by docs as below:

	http://avocado-framework.readthedocs.org/en/latest/GetStartedGuide.html

	And avocado has been run successfully. However, for avocado-vt, the only way to install it is by "yum install avocado-plugins".

	So is there some method to install by sources code?

	Additionally, I try to run "make link" in avocado-vt directory, then run "avocado plugins", it seems like vt & vt_list not installed.

	The message as follow:

	Failed to load plugin from module "avocado_vt.plugins.vt_list": ImportError('No module named aexpect',)
	Failed to load plugin from module "avocado_vt.plugins.vt": ImportEr
	Plugins that add new commands (avocado.plugins.cli.cmd):
	vt-bootstrap Avocado VT - implements the 'vt-bootstrap' subcommand
	exec-path    Returns path to avocado bash libraries and exits.
	run          Run one or more tests (native test, test alias, binary
	sysinfo      Collect system information
	list         List available tests
	multiplex    Generate a list of dictionaries with params from a mul
	plugins      Displays plugin information
	config       Shows avocado config keys
	distro       Shows detected Linux distribution
	Plugins that add new options to commands (avocado.plugins.cli):
	journal Journal options for the 'run' subcommand
	remote  Remote machine options for 'run' subcommand
	json    JSON output options for 'run' command
	html    HTML job report options for 'run' subcommand
	wrapper Implements the '--wrapper' flag for the 'run' subcommand
	vm      Virtual Machine options for 'run' subcommand
	gdb     GDB options for the 'run' subcommand
	replay  Replay options for 'run' subcommand
	xunit   xUnit output options

	Does anyone can give me some advices, thanks in advance!

Zhu Yijun