[Avocado-devel] Is it possible to run qemu-backend tests on XEN?

Zhangbo (Oscar) oscar.zhangbo at huawei.com
Fri Mar 11 08:02:37 UTC 2016

Hi all:
   If I'm not wrong:
   1 The qemu-backend testcases in avocado-vt are used to run qemu as single guest without the helper of libvirt. It even communicate with the guest(qemu) in a lot of testcases.
   2 Because on XEN, qemu is just a device model without the implementation of CPU and memory(which are implemented in XEN hypervisor), it's not equals to a guest, so, it's not possible to run tests for qemu-backend on XEN.

  So, we could just test libvirt on XEN, and could not run qemu-backend test there, am I right?

  Thanks in advance.

Oscar.