[Avocado-devel] remote_commander

Lukáš Doktor ldoktor at redhat.com
Thu Mar 24 16:22:50 UTC 2016

Hello Andrei,

as I told you, remote_commander was implemented by Jiří Župka 2 years
ago just before he had left the company. The intention was to provide
universal remote execution utility.

It was meant to be language independent (running python/bash/xxx on the
other side) and transport independent (tcp/serial
console/virtio_console/pipe/...) and to avoid problem in the channel the
communication is encoded.

remote_commander is a very nice feature, the only problem is no users.
So feel free to take it and adjust it to your needs, but beware it was
never really used so it will probably contain bugs (there is at least
one known bug described in the PRs).

Happy hacking,
Lukáš