[Avocado-devel] Do we need a copy of tp-qemu/tp-avocado for avocado?

Wei, Jiangang weijg.fnst at cn.fujitsu.com
Tue May 3 04:33:56 UTC 2016

Hi all,

There're some arguments about the compatibility of test providers with
autotest
 since virttest shift to avocado-vt.

Some cases of tp-qemu/tp-libvirt needs autotest's common functions.
Now avocado also supports these common functions (not all).
(avocado-vt still need autotest,we can find clue in requirements.txt)

Someone supports replacing the common function of autotest with
avocado's.
In the long term, it's right.
But there're a lot of people who still uses tp-qemu with autotest.
and recommended by the Qemu community .

Besides above,
The tp-qemu is still kept in autotest main page.【autotest/tp-qemu】,
and it hasn't been *definitely* declared to shift to avocado now.

So I suggest to copy tp-libvirt/tp-qemu to the avocado organization and
No longer accept new testcase,but bugfix.

so that, We can concentrate on maintaining them based on avocado,
and develop new test cases on it.

what about this proposal?