[Avocado-devel] Processing "info_xxx" field for avocado-vt tests.

Andrei Stepanov astepano at redhat.com
Thu May 5 15:16:55 UTC 2016

Hello.

I want to propose to add to avocado-vt "info_xxx" field.
As you know, avocado-vt tests use cartesian configs.
Test is a dictionary with combination of entries from different variants.
Test name is something like: Selection1.Selection2.Selection3....

variants:
 -selection1
           info = What is about selection1
 -selection2

variants:
 - selection3
           info = What is about selection3

Resulted tests are:
* selection1.selection3
* selection2.selection3

I would like to have option for avocado to see the provided info for nodes.

Example:

./avocado list --vt-type xxx filter --show-help

As a result I want to get something like:

Test name: selection1.selection3
Help for node selection1:

      What is about selection1

Help for node selection3:

      What is about selection3

This would be a perfect place to write what a test is about.
What do you think?