[Avocado-devel] Can't execute avocado run --vt-type uptime as VT guide.

Wei WA Li liwbj at cn.ibm.com
Mon May 16 12:18:38 UTC 2016

Hi all,

I am following the guide as below.
http://avocado-vt.readthedocs.io/en/latest/WritingTests/WritingSimpleTests.html

I have create uptime.py file in local dir, but as guide said, I can't list
and run uptime, I think I did not enable this python to excution list.
Did I miss some steps? But I can't find any information about this on the
guide.

[root at zs95kv2 tests]# pwd
/avocado/Code/tp-qemu/generic/tests
[root at zs95kv2 tests]# ll uptime.py
-rw-r--r--. 1 root root 631 May 16 08:05 uptime.py
[root at zs95kv2 tests]# /avocado/avocado/scripts/avocado run --vt-type uptime
Test discovery plugin <avocado_vt.loader.VirtTestLoader object at
0xb11715f8> failed: Virt Backend uptime is not currently supported by
avocado-vt. Check for typos and the list of supported backends

No urls provided nor any arguments produced runable tests. Please double
check the executed command.
[root at zs95kv2 tests]# /avocado/avocado/scripts/avocado list uptime
Unable to discover url(s) 'uptime' with loader plugins(s) 'file', 'vt',
'external', try running 'avocado list -V uptime' to see the details.
[root at zs95kv2 tests]#

Best regards,
-
Li, Wei (李 伟)
zKVM Solution Test
IBM China Systems & Technology Lab, Beijing
E-Mail: liwbj at cn.ibm.com
Tel: 86-10-82450631  Notes: Wei WA Li/China/IBM
Address: 3BW298, Ring Bldg. No.28 Building, ZhongGuanCun Software Park,No.8
         DongBeiWang West Road, ShangDi, Haidian District, Beijing,
P.R.China