[Avocado-devel] TestRunner API

Cleber Rosa crosa at redhat.com
Thu May 26 20:40:07 UTC 2016

On 05/26/2016 03:39 PM, Vincent Matossian wrote:
> [more of an avocado-users than a devel question but this is the only list I
> could find, sorry if I missed something]
>
> Hopefully a quick question: what's the right way to invoke the test runner
> programmatically rather than through the  "avocado run " CLI?

Hi Vincent,

> I've played with something like
>
> import avocado
> from sleeptest import SleepTest
>
> avocado.Test.run(SleepTest())

You can obviously do something like:

  >>> from sleeptest import SleepTest
  >>> s = SleepTest()
  >>> print s
  Test('0-SleepTest')
  >>> print s.run_avocado()
  None

But this is probably not what you want.

> but I haven't explored further to find out how to parametrize and get all
> the goodies we get with the CLI options, is all this feasible?

TBH, this is something we intend to tackle with the "Job API".  You can
find some references about it in this very same mailling list.  After
you catch up with the concepts and ideas there, please let us know if it
matches your requirements and ideas.

Cheers,
  - Cleber.

> Thanks!
>
> Vincent

Cleber Rosa
[ Sr Software Engineer - Virtualization Team - Red Hat ]
[ Avocado Test Framework - avocado-framework.github.io ]