[Avocado-devel] Forced values at /etc/avocado/conf.d/vt.conf

Andrei Stepanov astepano at redhat.com
Tue Nov 1 11:21:30 UTC 2016

Hello.

I noticed that values defined at /etc/avocado/conf.d/vt.conf have the
highest priority.

This approach is quite awkward, and inflexible.

See:
https://github.com/avocado-framework/avocado-vt/blob/master/shared/cfg/guest-hw.cfg#L368

variants:
- @bridge:
nettype = bridge
- macvtap:
nettype = macvtap
- user:
nettype = user
- network:
nettype = network

For example we have different tests, they use different types of QEMU
network.
Current approach doesn't allow me to select desired nettype in Cartesian
config.
You force ALL tests of specified type to use the same kind of network.
We have different tests that use different network type. And with current
approach we cannot run them.
Network type is always taken from /etc/avocado/conf.d/vt.conf
We cannot vary with nettype in Cartesian config.

nettype is only stays as an example, there are another values that can be
different for different tests.

I cannot undefine nettype, as it always be defined by next type of code:

avocado-vt/avocado_vt/options.py

            if self.options.vt_type == 'qemu':

                self.options.vt_nettype = (self.options.vt_nettype if

                                           self.options.vt_nettype else
'user')
            else:

                self.options.vt_nettype = (self.options.vt_nettype if

                                           self.options.vt_nettype else
'bridge')

Can we fix this bug somehow? Any ideas?
Thanks!