[Avocado-devel] Cross compiling avocado and installing on another machine

Cleber Rosa crosa at redhat.com
Tue Aug 1 19:55:43 UTC 2017

On 08/01/2017 01:47 AM, Yesuraj Abraham wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Could you help in cross compiling the avocado framework and install on
> another machine. I have installed ARM cross compiling tool chain at host
> machine.
>
> I would like to get all plugins too cross compiled and installed

Hi Yesuraj,

Avocado should be usable on all architectures with a (c)Python 2.7
distribution.  What I mean is that for Avocado itself, no cross
compilation is necessary.

Does your OS/distro provide such a Python version?

Now, some plugins have some extra requirements, such as PyYAML, which
may need to be cross compiled if not available on your OS/distro.

Can you share more details of your environment and the exact plugins
you're trying to install?

Regards,
- Cleber.

--
Cleber Rosa
[ Sr Software Engineer - Virtualization Team - Red Hat ]