[Avocado-devel] nettype setting in test cfg

Wei Huang wei at redhat.com
Fri Aug 11 17:20:05 UTC 2017

Hi,

I have questions regarding setting vt.qemu properties in test cfg file.
In this case, I want to specify a default nettype="bridge" for mytest.

1) If I want to set a nettype for mytest.py, should I just add "nettype
= 'bridge'" inside mytest.cfg file? Does mytest.py needs to read this
property using "params.get()" to populate this property to final test run?

2) From what I have seen, the setting of nettype in
/etc/avocado/conf.d/vt.cfg seems to override what I set in mytest.cfg.
Does it mean the settings in vt.cfg has a higher precedence over
settings in individual test configure files?

Thanks,
-Wei