[Avocado-devel] Parameter System Overhaul

Cleber Rosa crosa at redhat.com
Thu Aug 24 17:42:18 UTC 2017

On 08/21/2017 08:18 AM, Lukáš Doktor wrote:
>>> So let me change my question:
>>>
>>> I've been assuming params.get() is the only params-related API we
>>> *want* (or plan) to expose to test writers. Is that correct?
>>>

>> That's correct.
>>
>> And that's why I kept bringing back the discussion about params.iteritems().
>>

> Actually we were asked for that function as:
>
> 1. some users were not happy about the clash detection and they iterate params to find the correct parameter.
> 2. we need it in `dry-run` to list all params.

But that can happen outside of the API available to test writers.  Based
on all we have discussed so far, it's the test runner task to provide
raw, already merged and processed, parameters to the test.  That means
it can log both things.

- Cleber.

--
Cleber Rosa
[ Sr Software Engineer - Virtualization Team - Red Hat ]