[Avocado-devel] Avocado-vt support for Ubuntu 14.04

Ademar Reis areis at redhat.com
Wed Jan 25 11:57:58 UTC 2017

On Wed, Jan 25, 2017 at 10:44:17AM +0500, Adil Kamal wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Please confirm if avocado (and more particularly avocado-vt) is supported
> for Ubuntu in general, and Ubuntu 14.04 in specific. I am able to install
> avocado with some plugin errors though, however can not get avocado-vt to
> install on Ubuntu. Any clarity would be appreciated. I am looking for a
> tool to test KVM compatibility with ARM v8 hardware. Thank you.

Hi Adil.

Avocado is not supported by the primary development team on
Ubuntu, but we welcome bug reports and messages seeking
assistance on the mailing list. The team will do their best to
fix low hanging fruit problems and will gladly accept patches
with fixes on other distros or platforms.  Besides, others from
the community may be able to help.

Since we're talking about supportability, it's worth linking to
some previous documentation about this subject:

    RFC: Avocado maintainability and integration with avocado-vt
    https://www.redhat.com/archives/avocado-devel/2016-April/msg00038.html

    Getting Started documentation:
    http://avocado-framework.readthedocs.io/en/45.0/GetStartedGuide.html

Thanks.