[Avocado-devel] python-aexpect (drop aexpect requirement and package from repo)

Cleber Rosa crosa at redhat.com
Wed Mar 8 17:02:36 UTC 2017

Hi Merlin,

I'm resuming work on the removal of deltas between upstream and
downstream packages, and one of the most urgent tasks I noticed isto get
rid of our own aexpect package.

I see that python-aexpect is built on all the following distros (at least):

 * EL7: https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=863392
 * F24: https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=863388
 * F25: https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=860495

Which is enough for what we need in Avocado "upstream" packages.  But,
the python-aexpect package has been pushed only to F25 so far.

If we publish it to the other distros, I can eliminate the "aexpect"
requirement from the upstream SPEC file.

Is that feasible?

Thanks!

--
Cleber Rosa
[ Sr Software Engineer - Virtualization Team - Red Hat ]