[Avocado-devel] python-aexpect (drop aexpect requirement and package from repo)

Merlin Mathesius mmathesi at redhat.com
Wed Mar 8 21:35:03 UTC 2017

On 03/08/2017 01:39 PM, Cleber Rosa wrote:
> On 03/08/2017 12:02 PM, Cleber Rosa wrote:
>> Hi Merlin,
>>
>> I'm resuming work on the removal of deltas between upstream and
>> downstream packages, and one of the most urgent tasks I noticed isto get
>> rid of our own aexpect package.
>>
>> I see that python-aexpect is built on all the following distros (at least):
>>
>>  * EL7: https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=863392
>>  * F24: https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=863388
>>  * F25: https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=860495
>>
>> Which is enough for what we need in Avocado "upstream" packages.  But,
>> the python-aexpect package has been pushed only to F25 so far.
>>
>> If we publish it to the other distros, I can eliminate the "aexpect"
>> requirement from the upstream SPEC file.
>>
>> Is that feasible?
Sure thing. I just submitted requests to publish the python-aexpect
package for the following distros:

* F24: https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2017-94bb07357b
* EL7: https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-EPEL-2017-5afaa778a4

Once the packages hit the testing repos, feel free to check them out and
give karma.