[Avocado-devel] Transparent test output mode wanted

Dmitry Monakhov dmonlist at gmail.com
Thu Nov 30 07:39:32 UTC 2017

Hello I want to performs everyday cli activity via avocado because of
it's transparent logging feature. But I found hard to find how
to do it convinient way.

For example, in order to compilation kernel I do:
$ linux-kernel: make all
make[1]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
  CHK     include/generated/uapi/linux/version.h
  CHK     include/generated/utsrelease.h
  CHK     include/generated/qrwlock.h
  CHK     include/generated/qrwlock_api_smp.h
  CHK     include/generated/qrwlock_types.h
  CHK     kernel/qrwlock_gen.c
Now I want to do the same but with avocado's supervision and I do want
see make's logs as it was before.

I can do it by running:
$avocado --show test run --external-runner=/usr/bin/make  all
But besides test's stdout/stderr it will also dump a lot of avocado's
stuff, which I do not want to see. This is because according to
avocado/core/output enabled.append("test") means LOG_JOB

Idially I want to have mode which show me only LOG_UI + tests_output.
I found hard to figure how to do it by myself because your logging
hierarchy it too complex for one minute fix.