[Avocado-devel] Need help for avocado-vt config file

Cleber Rosa crosa at redhat.com
Tue Oct 3 16:42:57 UTC 2017

On 10/03/2017 10:21 AM, ChandraShekar Shastri wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have cloned the avocado and avocado-vt from the git on ubuntu.
>
> When I did the bootstrap using libvirt, it doesn't create the shared
> folder under the /var/lib/.*
>
> I know the path can be changed and also it does created the directory
> structure of all the guest-os under
> the /usr/share/avocado-plugins-vt/shared/.*
>
> and does automatically generate the guest-os.cfg at bootstrap.
>
> But this is a huge list, and also the to run the specific tests and
> customize my guest-os I would like to come up with simple config file.
>
> /var/lib/avocado/data/avocado-vt# ls
> backends  downloads  gpg  images  isos  steps_data  test-providers.d
>

> Any help on this would be appreciated.

Hi Chandrashekar,

I find it hard to provide you with any answer, because you have not
really asked any specific question.

Did you find an issue with "avocado vt-bootstrap --vt-type libvirt" on
Ubuntu?  If so, would you care to go through the exact steps, including
the Avocado version, the commands you executed, and the output you got
versus what you expected?

Assuming that was an issue, after we fix that, we can continue unto
other possible issues.

Regards,
- Cleber.

--
Cleber Rosa
[ Sr Software Engineer - Virtualization Team - Red Hat ]