[Avocado-devel] Avocado testplans

Sergey Bronnikov estetus at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 17:26:49 UTC 2018

Hello!

Finally it works! You are right - the problem was due to absence of plugin
'loader_yaml'.

I have another two questions:
1. How to use --vt-extra-params in command line and vt_extra_params section
in YAML at the same time? Option kernel is ignored when I specify it in
'avocado run config.yaml --vt-extra-params kernel=path_to_kernel'.

config.yaml:

basic: !mux
    test_reference_resolver_class: avocado_vt.loader.VirtTestLoader
    timeout: 360
    test_reference_resolver_args: !!python/dict
        vt_machine_type: q35
        vt_extra_params:
            - extra_params=" -cpu host"
            - nic_model=rtl8139
            - drive_format=ahci
            - mem=2048

    shutdown:
        test_reference: io-github-autotest-qemu.shutdown
        test_reference_resolver_extra:
            avocado_vt_extra_params:
                - shutdown_method = shell

How to avoid it?

2. What is a proper way to specify guest os in YAML config?
I want to make a separate YAML config with guest OSes and mux it with test
config  inserted above. As far as I understand it is need to somehow
override vt_guest option or use specific parameter from guest OS configs
(like image_name or os_variant) in YAML. But vt_guest_os is not processed
in avocado_vt/loader.py and second variant doesn't work too. Is is ever
possible without touching source code?

Sergey