[Avocado-devel] run remote test via serial (UART) interface

Lukáš Doktor ldoktor at redhat.com
Wed Feb 7 17:39:17 UTC 2018

Dne 4.2.2018 v 18:41 Yesuraj Abraham napsal(a):
> Hi,
>
> I want to run some tests on embedded platform.  Sometimes I need to run
> commands on uboot, or UEFI shell. Those will not work via SSH
>
> Is there any implementation that can fire commands from host machine
> directly via UART.
>

> Regards,
>
> Yesuraj

Hello Yesuraj,

I used pyserial several times with one-chips to do some lower-level stuff but for regular machines (like setting boot device in bios boot menu or some things on the forth interpreter on s390) I'm using aexpect.ShellSession with conserver-client which allows me to read_until_pattern_matches, read_nonblocking, send/sendline/sendcontrol or cmd on booted system, which is usually all I need. Note you can replace the conserver-client with socat or other terminal program.

If you chose to go into aexpect way, you can always share your helper functions with upstream.

Regards,
Lukáš