[Avocado-devel] document for jenkins

Dmitry Monakhov dmonlist at gmail.com
Fri Feb 9 08:12:11 UTC 2018

Yesuraj Abraham <yesuraj.abraham at broadcom.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> Is there a documentation which describes how to integrate Jenkins so that I
> should be able to do
Functionality is present and works (see below), but there is no guide
which explain this particular case(important one IMHO) feel free to add
bug for documentation, or even more, you can send a patch which fix it.

> 1.       Triggering the test from Jenkins
>
> 2.       View all the results in Jenkins
>

> For example, there are 3 machines that I would use
>
> 1.       Remote DUT (where the test runs)
>
> 2.       Linux host machine- which triggers the test using
> --remote-hostname option.
>
> 3.       A Jenkins server where Jenkins is installed
>

> I access the Jenkins via web interface, add Linux host machine as a node
> and I can run the test. However I don’t know how to populate all the
> results in Jenkins web interface
avocado  produces result.xml in xUnit format. Jenkins has rich toolchain
for importing  jUnit/xUnit from external tests. All you need is to add
corresponding hook to your pipeline. In case of junit plugin it will be:
junit '~/avocado/job-results/**'

Hereis a good article about external test integration
https://jenkins.io/blog/2016/10/31/xunit-reporting/