[Avocado-devel] installation to a virtualenv

Sergey Bronnikov estetus at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 18:04:21 UTC 2018

Hello!

Avocado documentation describes installation from source code
to the whole system. I don't want to pollute system and use
separate virtual environment. In that case everything works fine
except tests discovering - command 'avocado list' reports nothing.

My actions step by step:
(note: I am using vanilla avocado and customized avocado-vt, so avocado-vt
is
installed from source code not via pip)

- virtualenv venv
- source
venv/bin/activate
- pip install -r requirements.txt
- git clone https://github.com/avocado-framework/avocado-vt
- reset to 59.0 release: git reset --hard
fc84a49f20698126a4f283e89cff227a84abeb71
- sed -i -e 's/DESTDIR=/DESTDIR?=/g' avocado-vt/Makefile
- DESTDIR=venv make -C avocado-vt install link
- avocado vt-bootstrap
- avocado list

where requirements.txt is:
$ cat requirements.txt
aexpect==1.5.1
autotest==0.16.4
avocado-framework==63.0
avocado-framework-plugin-varianter-yaml-to-mux==63.0
enum34==1.1.6
netaddr==0.7.19
netifaces==0.10.7
pbr==4.2.0
pkg-resources==0.0.0
PyYAML==3.13
six==1.11.0
stevedore==1.29.0
subprocess32==3.5.2

As I understand correctly installation to a separate virtualenv is not
popular
usecase but perhaps someone can help me.

Sergey