[Avocado-devel] Multiplex & Variants

Petr Šplíchal psplicha at redhat.com
Mon May 14 15:05:09 UTC 2018

Thanks for the pointers, Lukáš.

I tried the command you suggested with 52 with the same result:
> avocado multiplex -m mux.yaml --tree
avocado multiplex: error: unrecognized arguments: -m mux.yaml

BTW, 52.1 docs suggest using "variants", but that does not work either:
> avocado variants --tree -m mux.yaml
avocado variants: error: unrecognized arguments: -m mux.yaml

> avocado --version
Avocado 52.0

> rpm -q python2-avocado
python2-avocado-52.0-1.el7.noarch

psss...

On 11 May 2018 at 07:06, Lukáš Doktor <ldoktor at redhat.com> wrote:

> Dne 10.5.2018 v 15:42 Petr Šplíchal napsal(a):
> > Hi!
> >
> > I was looking a bit at the multiplex feature of the Avocado
> > framework but unfortunately no examples provided in the
> > documentation worked for me:
> >
> > http://avocado-framework.readthedocs.io/en/stable/MultiplexConfig.html
> >> avocado multiplex --tree mux.yaml
> > avocado multiplex: error: unrecognized arguments: mux.yaml
> >

> Hello Petr,
>
> the link that you provided does not work for me, anyway the example you
sent is for 32lts version. For later versions the `-m|--mux-yaml` argument
is required to specify the yaml2mux-like file (and other formats are also
available like `--pict-parameter-file` or `--json-variants-load` and they
can be mix-and-matched).

> The `avocado multiplex -m mux.yaml --tree` should give you what you want
on 52lts but if you're using the latest greatest you should switch to
`avocado variants -m mux.yaml --summary 1`.

http://avocado-framework.readthedocs.io/en/latest/optional_plugins/varianter_yaml_to_mux.html
http://avocado-framework.readthedocs.io/en/52.1/optional_plugins/varianter_yaml_to_mux.html

http://avocado-framework.readthedocs.io/en/latest/WritingTests.html#running-multiple-variants-of-tests