[Avocado-devel] Plugins with simple tests

Alan Martinovic alan.martinovic at senic.com
Thu Nov 1 11:41:03 UTC 2018

Hi,
I'm trying to understand how does the Human UI plugin works,
and can it be used for simple tests.

The release notes [1] say:
> The Human UI plugin, will now show the “reason” behind test failures,
> cancellations and others right along the test result status.
> This hopefully will give more information to users without requiring
> them to resort to logs every single time.

and I've read that as:
> You can run simple tests and it will show the last few lines
> the test prints before exiting.

So I decided to check if this was the case. :)

What I discovered was that my interpretation was probably wrong,
but also that simple tests weren't intended to benefit from plugins?
Is this correct?

Be Well,
Alan

[1]https://avocado-framework.readthedocs.io/en/65.0/release_notes/64_0.html