[Avocado-devel] tearDown() subject to test timeout?

Lukáš Doktor ldoktor at redhat.com
Fri Nov 9 07:51:55 UTC 2018

Dne 08. 11. 18 v 21:10 Brian J. Murrell napsal(a):
> If I set a timeout for a test, that seems to include the tearDown()
> also, so that effectively any test that times out doesn't get to run
> it's tearDown().

Even when test is interrupted the tearDown is executed, only the deadline for the post-execution is shortened to 1s and I agree this might not be enough. Let's discuss that in the previous thread.

Not that I know about (except of your own timekeeping which does not make sense). The right way would be to propose change of TIMEOUT_TEST_INTERRUPTED: https://avocado-framework.readthedocs.io/en/latest/api/core/avocado.core.html#avocado.core.runner.TIMEOUT_TEST_INTERRUPTED

> Even timed out tests can need post-test processing.  A timed-out test
> which is effectively a failed test might want post-test processing even
> more than a passed test.

Yes and it is handled like one (internally we send SIGTERM to the test and start test post-process which waits for the test to run the tearDown, report the status and to die).

Regards,
Lukáš