[Avocado-devel] Fedora 29 Packages

Cleber Rosa crosa at redhat.com
Mon Nov 12 19:46:56 UTC 2018

Hi all,

With the release of Fedora 29, which seems to be the platform of choice
for a lot of Avocado users, we have just pushed Avocado 65.0 RPMs for
that distro.

Also, one very interesting aspect of Fedora 29 is its modularity
features.  Out of the box, you should have access to the
"fedora-modular" and "updates-modular" repos.  This can be used to allow
access to the Avocado release:

# dnf info --disablerepo=* --enablerepo=fedora-modular
--enablerepo=updates-modular python3-avocado
Last metadata expiration check: 0:09:06 ago on Mon 12 Nov 2018 02:34:22
PM EST.
Available Packages
Name         : python3-avocado
Version      : 65.0
Release      : 1.module_2263+0e3de604
Arch         : noarch
Size         : 439 k
Source       : python-avocado-65.0-1.module_2263+0e3de604.src.rpm
Repo         : updates-modular
Summary      : Framework with tools and libraries for Automated Testing
URL          : http://avocado-framework.github.io/
License      : GPLv2 and MIT
Description  : Avocado is a set of tools and libraries (what people call
             : these days a framework) to perform automated testing.

So, we'll try to coordinate with the Fedora package maintainers and drop
the Fedora 29 packages on Avocado's custom repo, relying on Fedora alone.

Regards!

--
Cleber Rosa
[ Sr Software Engineer - Virtualization Team - Red Hat ]