[Avocado-devel] Question: qemu virtio_console tests pass port name, instead of port id, to QMP?

Xiong, Huan huan.xiong at hxt-semitech.com
Fri Oct 5 12:27:10 UTC 2018

> Hi Ray,
>
> I think you shouldn't underestimate bugs resilience - they can indeed live
> in some code bases for decades :).

Agree :)

> I believe that the best approach is to put together a PR with this
> explanation, and the proposed changes, of course.  Then people can check
> the before/after by running the test you describe.
>
> Let me know if you need help reviewing it.

I have one. It fixes the issue by querying actual devices:

https://github.com/avocado-framework/avocado-vt/pull/1768

However, I was told that a Red Hat engineer was working on the same issue
also. She seems to use a different approach:

https://github.com/avocado-framework/avocado-vt/pull/1639

Thanks,
Ray