[Avocado-devel] serial ports

Cleber Rosa crosa at redhat.com
Fri Oct 5 18:50:36 UTC 2018

On 10/5/18 11:16 AM, Sergey Bronnikov wrote:
> Hello!
>
> by default avocado creates virtual machine with a single serial port.
> It is used for logging purpose.
> I need a second serial port connected with a file on host to be able
> to dump coverage data from guest OS. What is a right way to add a
> second serial port in Avocado?
>
> Sergey Bronnikov

You mean in Avocado-VT vms, right?

You can either look at adding new extra QEMU command line options, by
adding to the "extra_params" parameter (usually empty), or another
serial port name to the "serials" parameter (usually set to "serial0").

Regards,

--
Cleber Rosa
[ Sr Software Engineer - Virtualization Team - Red Hat ]