[Avocado-devel] How to execute different tests of avocado-vt in one round

Vit Pelcak vpelcak at suse.cz
Tue Jan 8 13:57:17 UTC 2019

Hello.

I would like to ask for help how to run several different tests in
single run so that virtual machine doesn't have to be started for every
single one of them.

For example running:
type_specific.io-github-autotest-qemu.multi_nics_hotplug
type_specific.io-github-autotest-qemu.qemu_disk_img.info.backing_chain
type_specific.io-github-autotest-qemu.qemu_io_blkdebug
type_specific.io-github-autotest-qemu.qmp_command

will mean that I will have to run "avocado run --vt-type qemu xyz" for
each one of them. That will mean extra 10 minutes for each of them as VM
will have to be started each time, resulting in extra 30 minutes time in
total.

Is it possible to overcome this so that virtual machine is started only
once and all 4 tests are run on it? And I do not want to run all tests
in "type_specific.io-github-autotest-qemu", of course.

Thank you very much.
Best regards
Vit Pelcak  vpelcak at suse.cz
Team Lead in QA/Maintenance