[Avocado-devel] How to execute different tests of avocado-vt in one round

Vit Pelcak vpelcak at suse.cz
Wed Jan 9 14:57:44 UTC 2019

Hello.

Dne 08. 01. 19 v 17:47 Cleber Rosa napsal(a):

> On 1/8/19 9:20 AM, Brian J. Murrell wrote:
>> On Tue, 2019-01-08 at 14:57 +0100, Vit Pelcak wrote:
>>> Hello.
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> While not really answering your question, per se but perhaps you are
>> trying to solve the wrong problem...
>>

>>> That will mean extra 10 minutes for each of them as
>>> VM
>>> will have to be started each time, resulting in extra 30 minutes time
>>> in
>>> total.
>>
>> Your virtual machine really takes 10 minutes to start?  Why so long?
>> It should be a minute or two at most.  Under a minute would not be
>> absurd.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> b.
>>

> Unless you're running under CPU emulation, or nested virt, low powered
> and highly loaded environments...
>
> Still, based on experience, we strongly suggest you start a fresh VM on
> every new test: the results can be easily spoiled if you don't do that.

Thank you very much for advice.

And if I do this:

https://github.com/avocado-framework/avocado-vt/blob/master/etc/avocado/conf.d/vt.conf#L7

# Keep guest running between tests (faster, but unsafe)
keep_guest_running=False

Is it possible to trigger VM restart?

I am thinking that it could make sense to group tests, disable VM
restart and then restart the machine after each group of tests is finished.

Vit Pelcak  vpelcak at suse.cz
Team Lead in QA/Maintenance
SUSE LINUX, s.r.o.
CORSO IIa