[Avocado-devel] Avocado's upcoming LTS release

Cleber Rosa crosa at redhat.com
Thu Aug 20 17:51:55 UTC 2020

Hi Falco community,

It came to my attention that the Falco regression tests[1] use the
Avocado testing framework.  I'd like to bring to your attention that
we have an upcoming 82.0 LTS release scheduled for Sept 7th[2].

For that release, we'd like to keep as much compatibility as possible,
and when not possible, allow for a smoother migration.  69.x LTS will
be maintained for another 6 months, after the release 82.0 LTS
release, but the sooner any issue is addressed, the better.

For that, we have an epic issue[3] in which we could use your help,
with:
 * running the existing tests you have, with the most recent Avocado
   version possible
 * opening any issues[4] you encounter

This will feed into either bug fixes, or documentation on how to
migrate from 69.x LTS to 82.0 LTS.

In addition to this this, feel free to engage with us about how the
new Avocado features (and there's a lot of them) may be beneficial to
the Falco project.

Thanks!
- Cleber

--