[Avocado-devel] Avocado release 80.0: Parasite

Cleber Rosa crosa at redhat.com
Wed Jun 10 01:31:01 UTC 2020

Hello everyone,

This is yet another Avocado release announcement: 80.0 is now available!

This release (and the previous one) contains mainly internal changes
in preparation for the N(ext) Runner architecture to replace the
current one, and for the Job API to become a fully supported feature.

It’s expected that release 81.0 will be the last release containing
major changes before a “pre-LTS release”. This way, development sprint
#82 will focus on stabilization, culminating in an 82.0 LTS release.

Release Notes
=============

Since we host the release notes alongside our official documentation,
please refer to the following link for the complete information about
this release:

   https://avocado-framework.readthedocs.io/en/80.0/releases/80_0.html

Installing Avocado
==================

Instructions are available in our documentation on how to install
either with packages or from source:

 https://avocado-framework.readthedocs.io/en/80.0/guides/user/chapters/installing.html

New on this release is the fact that RPM packages for the current
Fedoras (31 and 32) and EL 8 (Red Hat Enterprise Linux, CentOS, etc)
are now available on those distribution's "avocado" module, on the
"latest" stream.  The installation should be straighforward, and
you can find instructions here:

  https://avocado-framework.readthedocs.io/en/80.0/guides/user/chapters/installing.html#fedora

If you need Python 2 support, the 69.0 LTS series (currently at
version 69.2) should be used, and it's available in the "69lts" module
stream instead.

Also, updated Python source and binary packages are available on PyPI:

 https://pypi.org/project/avocado-framework/

Avocado-VT

We also provide convenience packages for Avocado-VT.  Packages are
offered for Python 2 (to be used with previous Avocado versions, such
as the LTS ones) and Python 3 on Fedora 31 and 32.

Also, updated Python source and binary packages are available on PyPI:

 https://pypi.org/project/avocado-framework-plugin-vt/

Happy hacking and testing!

--
Cleber Rosa
[ Sr Software Engineer - Virtualization Team - Red Hat ]