[Avocado-devel] Question about handling exception in tearDown()

Pushpalogan pushpalogan at gmail.com
Tue Mar 24 21:18:37 UTC 2020

Hello,

We have a test class that has a setUp and tearDown where setUp does
mounting and tearDown does Unmounting. There are times when an
unmounting of a directory fails and throws exception and I was wondering
what is the best way to handle exceptions in tearDown and propagate that as
an error so the test results are recorded appropriately. Currently that
exception is being ignored by avocado and the test is marked as passed.
Please let me know if you need additional information.

Thanks,
Logan.