[Avocado-devel] Avocado release 87.0: Braveheart

Cleber Rosa crosa at redhat.com
Wed Apr 14 04:03:34 UTC 2021

Hello everyone,

This is yet another Avocado release announcement: 87.0 is now available!

Release Notes
=============

Since we host the release notes alongside our official documentation,
please refer to the following link for the complete information about
this release:

 https://avocado-framework.readthedocs.io/en/87.0/releases/87_0.html

Installing Avocado
==================

Instructions are available in our documentation on how to install
either with packages or from source:

 https://avocado-framework.readthedocs.io/en/87.0/guides/user/chapters/installing.html

RPM packages for the current Fedoras (32 and 33) and EL 8 (Red Hat
Enterprise Linux, CentOS, etc) are already available on those
distribution's "avocado" module, on the "latest" stream.  The
installation should be straighforward, and you can find instructions
here:

 https://avocado-framework.readthedocs.io/en/87.0/guides/user/chapters/installing.html#fedora

Also, updated Python source and binary packages are available on PyPI:

 https://pypi.org/project/avocado-framework/

Avocado-VT

Updated Python source and binary packages are available on PyPI:

 https://pypi.org/project/avocado-framework-plugin-vt/

RPM packages should soon be available for the current Fedoras (32 and
33) and EPEL 8 (Red Hat Enterprise Linux, CentOS, etc) in the
"avocado-vt" modular repository.

Happy hacking and testing!

--
Cleber Rosa
[ Sr Software Engineer - Virtualization Team - Red Hat ]