[Avocado-devel] acceptance-system-fedora and acceptance-system-centos failing sporadically with timeout?

Beraldo Leal bleal at redhat.com
Fri Feb 5 22:19:16 UTC 2021

Hi all,

I will try to give my two cents:

On Fri, Feb 05, 2021 at 03:31:40PM -0500, John Snow wrote:
> On 2/5/21 11:43 AM, Philippe Mathieu-Daudé wrote:
> > Cc'ing Avocado team & John (Python inferior exit delay?).

> > > I've sent a patch for that issue just yesterday:
> > >
> > >   https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2021-01/msg06852.html

> > > Never seen that one before - if you hit it again, could you please save
> > > the artifacts and have a look at the log file in there to see what's
> > > exactly the problem?
> >
> > https://gitlab.com/philmd/qemu/-/jobs/1008007125
> >
> >   (28/36)
> > tests/acceptance/replay_kernel.py:ReplayKernelNormal.test_ppc_mac99:
> > ERROR: Test reported status but did not finish (90.09 s)
> >
> > Attached debug.log.
> >

> ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
>
> I don't know what "reported status but did not finish" means.
>
> The debug log looks like it passes, too, so... I don't know that this has
> much do with code I maintain yet. I'm sure the Avocado team will find me if
> I am wrong :)

Afaict, this happen when the process exceeds the deadline to finish.
Sometimes the test is finished but the "post test" stage is stucked
because of some reason.

Maybe setting 'runner.timeout.process_alive' to a higher number could help
here:

----
$ avocado config reference | grep process_alive -A 6

runner.timeout.process_alive
The amount of time to wait after a test has reported status but the
test process has not finished

* Default: 60
* Type: <class 'int'>
----

But I might be wrong. I know that Cleber was working with this, so
probably he could help here too.

--
Beraldo