[Avocado-devel] Problem running functional tests from China

Wainer dos Santos Moschetta wainersm at redhat.com
Wed Feb 24 13:29:05 UTC 2021

Hi,

On 2/24/21 9:01 AM, Michal Suchánek wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 24, 2021 at 12:37:53PM +0100, Philippe Mathieu-Daudé wrote:
>> Actually not even localhost but 0.0.0.0 :)
>>
>>> And from where does this come from?
>>>
>>> Your local system, your ISP, ... ?
>> Probably the ISP:

>> I raised that problem not to find a way to bypass an ISP
>> firewall, but to see if there is a way to use another
>> storage for test artifacts so all the community can run
>> the tests.
> I don't think protecting from random network malfunction is something
> the qemu project can do.
>
> That said, downloading the test data during test run does indeed look
> fragile.

For those functional tests, the test data is fetched once and cached
locally.

The user can also inject files on Avocado's cache directory, by using
the `assets` sub-command:

---

$ ./build/tests/venv/bin/avocado assets register --help
usage: avocado assets register [-h] [--hash SHA1] name url

positional arguments:
   name         Unique name to associate with this asset.
   url          Path to asset that you would like to register manually.

optional arguments:
   -h, --help   show this help message and exit
   --hash SHA1  SHA1 hash of this asset.

----

More features for managing the cache has been implemented, e.g.:

https://github.com/avocado-framework/avocado/issues/4311

Thanks!

- Wainer