[Avocado-devel] Avocado-VT: Complete removal of Python 2 support

Cleber Rosa crosa at redhat.com
Fri Mar 19 21:06:13 UTC 2021

Hi everyone,

is there anyone actively using Python 2 with Avocado-VT from the
master branch? I've tried to set that up recently, and failed
miserably.

For once, newer aexpect is required (pass_fds), but that won't work on
Python 3.

With the removal of Python 2, a complete removal of ancient autotest
bits can also proceed.

The following issue is also requesting feedback on the same matter:

  https://github.com/avocado-framework/avocado-vt/issues/2963

Other PRs/issues related to this include:

  https://github.com/avocado-framework/avocado-vt/pull/2275
  https://github.com/avocado-framework/avocado-vt/issues/1512

IMO, if we fail to hear from the community, we should move forward
and proceed with the Python 2 removal.

Thanks,
- Cleber.