[Avocado-devel] Avocado LTS Release 82.1

Cleber Rosa crosa at redhat.com
Mon Oct 11 21:28:42 UTC 2021

Hello everyone,

This is an Avocado LTS minor release announcement: 82.1 is now
available!

About LTS (Long Term Stability)
===============================

Release 82.1 is a minor release, part of the fourth LTS (Long Term
Stability) release series (82.x).

The previous LTS release series, 69.x, has already reached EOL.
There's also an upcoming new LTS release series, 92.x, with release
92.0 expected to be out in the next few days.

Read more about what LTS means here:

  https://avocado-framework.readthedocs.io/en/82lts/guides/contributor/rfcs/lts.html

Release Notes
=============

Since we host the release notes alongside our official documentation,
please refer to the following link for the complete information about
this release:

  https://avocado-framework.readthedocs.io/en/82lts/releases/lts/82_1.html

Installing Avocado
==================

Instructions are available in our documentation on how to install
either with packages or from source:

  https://avocado-framework.readthedocs.io/en/82lts/guides/user/chapters/installing.html

RPM packages for the current Fedoras (33 and 34) and EL 8 (Red Hat
Enterprise Linux, CentOS, etc) will be available on those
distributions' "avocado" module, on the "82lts" stream.  The
installation should be straightforward, and you can find instructions
here:

  https://avocado-framework.readthedocs.io/en/82lts/guides/user/chapters/installing.html#fedora

Also, updated Python source and binary packages are available on PyPI:

  https://pypi.org/project/avocado-framework/82.1/

Happy hacking and testing!