[Avocado-devel] Avocado LTS Release 82.2

Cleber Rosa crosa at redhat.com
Fri Sep 2 14:37:11 UTC 2022

Hello everyone,

This is an Avocado LTS minor release announcement: 82.2 is now
available!

About LTS (Long Term Stability)
===============================

Release 82.2 is a minor release, part of the fourth LTS (Long Term
Stability) release series (82.x).

To summarize the status of the most recent LTS series:

* The previous LTS release series, 69.x, has already reached EOL.
* This (82.2) will be the last release of the 82.x series, and the 82lts
development branch will be frozen.
* There's an active LTS release series, 92.x, with release
92.1 expected to be out in the next few days.

Read more about what LTS means here:

  https://avocado
-framework.readthedocs.io/en/82lts/guides/contributor/rfcs/lts.html

Release Notes
=============

Since we host the release notes alongside our official documentation,
please refer to the following link for the complete information about
this release:

  https://avocado-framework.readthedocs.io/en/82lts/releases/lts/82_2.html

Installing Avocado
==================

Instructions are available in our documentation on how to install
either with packages or from source:

  https://avocado
-framework.readthedocs.io/en/82lts/guides/user/chapters/installing.html

RPM packages for the current Fedoras (35 and 36) and EL 8 (Red Hat
Enterprise Linux, CentOS, etc) will be available on those
distributions' "avocado" module, on the "82lts" stream.  The
installation should be straightforward, and you can find instructions
here:

  https://avocado
-framework.readthedocs.io/en/82lts/guides/user/chapters/installing.html#fedora

Also, updated Python source and binary packages are available on PyPI:

  https://pypi.org/project/avocado-framework/82.2/

Happy hacking and testing!