[Avocado-devel] Avocado 103 LTS preparations

Plamen Dimitrov plamen.dimitrov at pevogam.com
Sun Jul 16 12:54:54 UTC 2023

Hi all,

On 7/14/23 15:58, Jan Richter wrote:
  > Because of the preparations for LTS, we would like to ask maintainers to
  > avoid merging changes that do not fall into these categories:
  >   * Bug fixes
  >   * Usability Improvements
  >   * Documentation updates
  > As for the Avocado utility modules (“avocado.utils”) it is OK to
  > introduce new functionality, but changes to the existing APIs (including
  > interface and behavior) should be avoided.  This kind of changes should
  > wait until sprint #104.
I hope this is still ok if we review/merge the remote spawner I introduced in

https://github.com/avocado-framework/avocado/actions/runs/4416506570/jobs/7740903922?pr=5621

since it is not changing any API in any way and is purely extensional in character -
the new added experimental functionality might or might not be used by users without
any affect on the rest of code base.

@Jan, do you happen to know what is the anticipated time line until the release is out?
Is it meant to be weeks or days? Perhaps more than a month at least?

---
Kind regards,
Plamen Dimitrov