Mike's Poll (Was: RE: Alpha Newbie needs help netbooting linux)

Hoover, Tony hoover at sal.ksu.edu
Thu Apr 1 15:13:09 UTC 2004

Tony Hoover, Network Administrator
KSU - Salina, College of Technology
(785) 826-2660

"Don't Blend in..."

	<snip>

> Just as a statistical poll:
>
> 1) How many people on this list are interested in seeing Fedora
>    Core for Alpha?

Yo!

> 2) Would you be willing to volunteer to do test installations on
>    Alpha hardware if and when installable CD images become
>    available as a test release, or even a pre-test?

Yes.  Just let me know where to get the image to test.

> 3) Would you be interested in volunteering to report bugs, fix
>    bugs, supply patches, and/or do other volunteer work related
>    to Alpha?

I'll do what I can.  Certainly I'll report bugs, It's been a while since I
did much coding past shell scripts, so don't expect a lot of patches coming
from me.  I do have a variety of hardware including 164LX and SX machines to
test with.

> The greater the masses of Alpha users out there that we can get
> interested in this, the more likely we are to get something
> together that is useable sooner rather than later, so any
> feedback is appreciated.
>
> What would really be cool, would be to get enough people
> interested in volunteering, to convince the powers that be to
> throw some Alpha hardware back in our buildsystem again,
> increasing our parallel architecture builds to 8.  ;o)  I could
> just be dreaming there though, hard to say just yet.  ;o)

That would be Awesome Cool.