Voodoo-2

Jay Estabrook Jay.Estabrook at hp.com
Thu Apr 8 15:19:26 UTC 2004

On Thu, Apr 08, 2004 at 11:35:20AM +0000, Alexey Chupahin wrote:

> I wish to buy Voodoo-2 card (that is I can get only),
> Does anybody knows, can it works with kernels 2.4 Xfree 4.x on alpha?

>From the release notes for XFree86 4.4.0 (xfree86.org), we see:

"The tdfx driver supports Voodoo Banshee, Voodoo3, Voodoo4 and Voodoo5
cards."

So, IMHO, you'd be much better continuing to wait for Voodoo3
availability. You won't be sorry, as the support for those cards
is quite good, and works wonderfully well on Alpha.

Sorry.

 --Jay++

Jay A Estabrook                            HPTC - LINUX support
Hewlett-Packard Company - ZKO2-3/N30       (603) 884-0301
110 Spit Brook Road, Nashua NH 03062       Jay.Estabrook at hp.com