Second IDE port not working on PC164

Jay Estabrook Jay.Estabrook at hp.com
Thu Apr 8 19:22:20 UTC 2004

On Thu, Apr 08, 2004 at 10:47:53AM -0500, Hoover, Tony wrote:

> What about SATA controllers and drives?  Will they work in my LX,
> SX, and/or XP1000?  I know I can't boot from it, but additional
> storage would be nice.

Sorry, Tony, I can't comment from personal experience with SATA
controllers, as I can from ATA ones.

If the drivers are 64-bit clean, or course, there ought not to be
any problems, and, with there being more 64-bit platforms out there
now, the chances are IMHO much better than they used to be... :-)

On the LX and SX, as always, because of PYXIS idiosyncracies, there
could be issues, but those certainly would not be present on XP1000
with its TSUNAMI...

Good luck, and be sure to let us know if you decide to try! :-)

 --Jay++

Jay A Estabrook                            HPTC - LINUX support
Hewlett-Packard Company - ZKO2-3/N30       (603) 884-0301
110 Spit Brook Road, Nashua NH 03062       Jay.Estabrook at hp.com