Fedora from Mike Barnes

Scott Hempstead scott_hempstead at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 17 17:09:08 UTC 2004

Arc,

I am running into a snag trying to upgrade using your
process below.  I have a RH7.2 install on one disk,
and a blank disk that is mounted as /mnt/newroot as
described below.  I pulled all the SRPMS, RPMS
structure from Mikes website and have them in
/opt/alpha...  I cd'd into this /opt/alpha structure
to get to the rpm's and executed "rpm -Uvh
--root=/mnt/newroot" and it came back with an RPM
error--no packages given.  I changed the command to
"rpm -Uvh *.rpm --root=/mnt/newroot" and get a
dependency error on a package called "junit".

Any advice or assistance on how I can proceed would be
appreciated.  Do I find this junit SRPM and compile
it?  would there be a mismatch against glibc of 7.2
vs. FC2, etc.?

Thanks,

Scott